ConnectEd is a purposefully planned approach for student well being to be delivered in primary schools in Western Australia. The ConnectEd program’s aim is to provide Social Emotional Learning with a strong mental health component in order to develop resilience in even our youngest students in a developmentally appropriate curriculum. It encompasses sense of self, connectedness with others, mindfulness and growth mindset. Skills are taught explicitly with opportunities to practice, implement and apply them to a range of situations that allow mastery, reinforce positive relationship building and decrease bullying behaviours. The ConnectEd program specifically addresses current issues facing our children and schools.
We have a range of packages to suit your setting. We can deliver ConnectEd to specific year groups, phases of learning (eg ECE classes) or to whole school (recommended). Talk to us about your specific needs/ concerns at your setting and we can tailor a package to suit. We have:
- 2 week intensive program (one session per day) for specific focus year groups or phases of learning
- 10 week progressive program (one session per week) for each class for whole school
- One off incursion addressing a specific need/ concern (one whole day ie one session per class)
- Custom Program available
Additional Services (optional extras)
We can also assist with :
- Staff training
- Teacher coaching
- Parent information
- Parent seminar
- Development and implementation (with administrators or teachers) of whole school SEL plan.
ConnectEd utilises the internationally recognised, evidence based Second Step program. This program is endorsed by CASEL (internationally) and KidsMatter (Australia).
Second Step Early Learning – Grade 8
• Research-based, sequenced curriculum teaches essential life and learning skills.
• Media-rich content engages students and reinforces positive behaviour.
• Take-home materials bolster family engagement and support.